Job ID 47627
£33k - 35k per year
Senior Buyer – Electronics– Margate
An exciting new job opportunity has arisen for an experienced, electronic biased Senior Buyer, based in one of our industry leading clients located in Margate.
Reporting to the Operations Director the Senior Buyer will provide efficient purchasing and procurement management of material and services, within the company’s Supply Chain Management systems, in conjunction with all related departments. Purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company’s operational needs are met, taking into account QCD and to ensure continuity of supply.
Key requirements and responsibilities – Senior Buyer – Electronics
• Negotiate supplier contracts/call off orders, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
• Review the Sales Forecast against budget, on a monthly basis with Senior Management run a stock forecast and identify any parts required taking into account current lead times, buffer stock and last time buy (LTB ) requirements.
• Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organizational targets and requirements
• Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements. Negotiate and manage long term pricing agreements on critical commodities
• Maintaining appropriate inventory levels consistent with targeted inventory goals as set by the business.
• Reconcile stock on a monthly basis and manage the year end stock take.
• Maintain a stock reduction plan in line with agreed targets set by the business.
• Ensure all deliveries are taken and checked in a timely manner, warehouse areas are kept tidy, stock is booked in correctly and delivery notes are taken to the Finance team to process the invoices before the end of month cut off.
• Explore alternate sources for materials.
• Undertake evaluate existing / new suppliers and carry out supplier audits.
• Liaise with Suppliers and Sub-Contractors to ensure the business is aware of changing lead-times and any upcoming ‘problematic’ parts such as Last Time Buys are factored into the business plan.
• Procurement experience including purchasing, inventory control, contract negotiation, supply management, supplier relationships, basics of Cost Accounting, and tracking budget expenses.
• Knowledge and understanding of medium to high volume components and supply chain management
• Work experience in medium to high volume electronics manufacturing environment
APPLY NOW! Or for more information on the electronic biased Senior Buyer job located in Margate, Kent, please contact Tommy Beazley quoting reference 136TRB.