Job ID 47591
£35k - 55k per year
Optical Development Engineer – Stockport
This is an exciting opportunity for an Optical Development engineer to become part of a globally recognised team with 26 offices all over the world.
This Optical Development Engineer job will se you design and develop DPSS Laser and Diode Laser Systems as well as developing Laser based sub-systems. You will also be part of the Optical Design process via simulation and modelling.
To be successful at the Optical Development Engineer job, you will need to have the following:
– MSc/MEng in a laser or optics related field (a PhD/EngD in laser physics or related field is desirable)
– Proven experience of laser design and optimization within the laser industry
– Hands on experience of alignment of a range of optical systems
– Experience in 1 or 2 of these fields: DPSS lasers, non-linear optics (SHG, OPO, Raman, …), fibre technologies (lasers, amplifiers, or telecoms), high-power laser diodes
– Experience in Design for Manufacture and New Product Introduction
– General understanding of laser related subjects: Gaussian beam optics, polarisation optics, phase-matching criteria and objectives, cavity design
– Optical modelling and programming ability: Matlab, Python or equivalent
– Experience of Zemax
To find out more about this Optical Development Engineer job, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.