Job ID 47554
£35k - 37k per year
NPI Test Engineer
BlueGate are proud to partner with a global client in the field of design and manufacture of devices for the medical and scientific industries.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced NPI Test Engineer to join an expanding manufacturer in Stockport, Manchester.
Primary Responsibilities NPI Test Engineer:
• To work within the NPI and EC processes, creating and executing mechanical design validation test methods to demonstrate that designs meet requirements and specifications. This includes testing of new sub-components from other vendors, and packaging. For example, shock and vibration, temperature cycling, drop tests and lifetime testing.
• Contribute to root-cause analysis in 8D-processes.
• To own and to provide technical support for in-house environmental testing area and recommend suitable test equipment.
• Contribute to drive a robust FMEA process for their products.
• Contribute to design strategies that lead to optimal manufacturability and reliability, including VAVE: to ensure design is optimized for machining of parts working with our vendors simple and ease of assembly and laser alignment working with the manufacturing teams and the reliability and performance in the multiple customer applications.
• Foster strong collaborative work with the CAD team.
• Present and communicate analysis to project teams and management, effectively driving to decisions and conclusions.
• Occasional travel to external test houses in the UK.
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• The knowledge to use the right tools to solve problems in statics, kinetics, reliability testing, root cause analysis and statistical analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to identify problems, define testing requirements, qualify measurement systems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
APPLY NOW! Or for more information on the NPI Test Engineer job, based in Stockport, Manchester, please contact Tommy Beazley quoting job reference 124TRB