Job ID 47586
Development / Control Systems Engineer – Nanotechnology
Cambridge – to £ 65K + benefits + fantastic environment
A fantastic opportunity for a multi-disciplined Engineer to join a very friendly, talented team who are operating at the forefront of complex control systems at nano scale. The team are tasked with designing, developing and improving methods and procedures to assess, enhance and improve the performance of these complex mechatronics systems and with supporting customers in their use and with technology transfer.
You would be working as a key member of a team of Physicists, Control, Electronics, Firmware and Mechanical Engineers who are developing systems and algorithms to control these systems to tolerances shorter than the wavelength of light.
The position is an interesting mix of –
• Software development in C#, Matlab or Python
• Enhancing and assessing the performance associated with the interaction of mechanics, control and electronics
• Experimental design and analysis
• Product commercialisation and technology transfer to high volume production
• Customer interaction, helping solve problems at both an Engineering and user level
The right person for the job would have –
• A good degree from a respected University in Engineering or Physical Sciences
• Strong experience in experimental design and analysis
• Software development using C#, Matlab or Python
• Experience in product development or technology transfer
Additional useful skills include
• An understanding of control systems and control theory
• Knowledge / experience with sensors, actuators or controllers
• A working knowledge of mechanical systems and electronics hardware
This is a really exciting chance for a Control Systems Engineer to work on absolute state of the art control systems utilising in-house nanotechnology and smart materials IP. The company are the friendliest, most interesting and talented bunch that I have worked with and the job an opportunity to really use your Control Systems experience across the full product cycle, concept to end use.
Positions are available from Graduate + 12 months to Senior level, so if you feel that your experience could be relevant, please get in touch for more info.